It was my birthday a few days ago and I just turned 25 years old. This year is definitely one of the most special years of my life since I am getting married.
I would like to say first that I am so thankful for this amazing 25 years of life. I can happily say that my life is complete and I am at a point in my life when I am just happy and content and I couldn’t wish for anything else. Life has been so generous with me and I could not have imagined a few years back that my life would be so amazing.
25 lessons I have learned so far:
1. Love life. There is a saying that if you love life, life will love you back. It is such an amazing gift just to be alive that most of us often take for granted. We are so lucky to be on this earth and I truly believe that if you love your life and try your best to be a good person, life will give you so much more back.
2. Be positive. It is so important to be positive and see that silver lining in everything. I believe in the law of attraction and you definitely attract what you think about the most. If you are negative, you could never attract positive things in your life. Start with changing the way you are thinking, complain less and focus always on the positive side of things.
Another advice is to stay away from negative people. You know this kind of person that always complains and always sucks up all your energy. It is so important to remove negative people from your life and protect your positivity. I know it may be hard and maybe some of these people have been in your life for ages but you are not going to move forward unless you remove all the negativity around you.
3. Be grateful. I try my best every morning to have a few minutes when I am just thinking about all the things I am grateful for in my life. It is a great way to start the day and reminds me how blessed I am and makes me appreciate my life more.
4. Spend time wisely. Time is the most valuable thing we have. I am guilty myself for spending a lot of time on social media but I try my best to spend my time improving myself and with my loved ones and doing things that I am passionate about.
5. Choose your friends wisely. Definitely choose quality over quantity. I know exactly what I want in a friendship and I definitely choose to have good and lasting friendships over just having many friends to hang out with.
6. Live in the present. Another important thing that I have learned from reading is that we need to live more in the present. I think all of us know that person that always remembers about the past and always relives it and is just stuck in the past. It is so important that we let the past go and focus on our present because this is the only thing we have for certain. Of course is important to make future plans and set goals but while achieving them don’t forget to enjoy this moment and live your life.
7. Don’t apologize for being yourself. Honestly not everyone will like you and people will always have different opinions but that is okay. Life is too short for trying to please others and don’t ever change for someone. The people who truly matter will always accept you as you are.
8. Be kind. This world needs more kindness. There are so many people out there spreading hate and doing wrong things. Be kind with everyone around you. You never know what they are going through.
9. Love yourself. If you want someone to love you, you have to love yourself first. Embrace all your flaws and qualities. The relationship you have with yourself is the most important.
10. Always improve yourself. In life we all want to grow and improve. If you are not satisfied and you want a change in your life start by changing yourself.
11.Forgive. A very important lesson that I have learned is to forgive. We are only humans and we all make mistakes. Forgive yourself and others. There is no point to be bitter and hold grudge against anyone. This will only harm your life. In order to grow you have to let go of any bad feelings.
12. Appreciate the people who love you. It is such a blessing to have people who love us in our lives. Always say thank you and appreciate them. They are the most important persons in our lives. Don’t take them for granted, always show them how much they mean to you.
13. Say more often thank you. I guess this goes in line with #12. If someone does something nice for you say thank you. Even if it is a stranger say thank you. Show people you appreciate them and compliment people around you, it might make their days better.
14. Learn from your mistakes. It is okay to make mistakes but is important always to learn from them and try to improve for the future.
15. Read more. One of the things I love the most is to read. Reading always makes you grow and improve yourself. The beauty of reading is that it can take you to places and times you’ve never been before.
16. Be excited. I guess one of my favorite words is “excited”. I love to have something to look forward to and I am always so excited about life.
17. Be passionate. Find your passion and follow it. Is very important to do everything in life with passion and always give your best.
18. Work hard for your dreams. If you have a dream always work hard for it. It is so important to have dreams and follow them because if you really want something, you are passionate and you work hard it will eventually happen.
19. Be patient. I am so guilty on this one. I sometimes have no patience when I want to achieve something. But we always have to remember good things take time.
20. Be compassionate. Always try to help and understand the people around you.
21. Be a good person. The most important thing in life is to be a good person. Be that person that you would be proud of.
22. Get out of your comfort zone. I know no one likes changes but maybe sometimes if you take chances and risks, amazing things can happen. Life is out there. Live it to the fullest.
23. Travel. ”Travel is the only thing we buy that makes us richer”. Through travelling you can meet amazing people, discover new cultures and amazing places. I have learned so much through travelling and it made me so much more open minded.
24. Believe in yourself. Always and forever believe in yourself. If you don’t do it, no one else will. Have faith that you are good enough, capable enough, beautiful enough, smart enough, brave enough. You can do everything as long as you believe in yourself.
25. Everything is possible. I live by this sentence. Everything you want in life is possible as long as you are passionate, work hard, have faith and are a good person. You can dream as big as you want. Everything is possible.